Mailbag: No disrespect, but another assistant who’s a black woman could coach at Washington | Women’s Hoops | Seattle Times
I’m not current on women’s basketball, although I’m sure I’d like it if I watched a game.
Based on what this article states it seems entirely reasonable to make Jayda’s point that just because a sista couldn’t (or didn’t, for whatever reason) do the job previously up to expectations, it’s shallow and ultimately racist to conclude that based on what black woman’s job performance we don’t want to consider hiring another black woman for the same job again.
One has nothing to do with the other, just as one black woman is not the same as another you’d find somewhere else. Grouping people together by how they look and their physical phenotype is racism.
- Black Woman’s Manifesto (moorbey.wordpress.com)
- Why Do Black Women Still Support Tyrese? (theroot.com)
- Mailbag: No disrespect, but another assistant who’s a black woman could coach at Washington (blogs.seattletimes.com)
- ‘The Face’ Winner, Devyn, Clears Up ‘Not Black Model’ Statement (eurweb.com)
- 10 Things Every Non-Black Person Should Know (By Now) About Black Women (thefrisky.com)
- Black Women in the Media: Mammy, Jezebel, or Angry (popularcritic.com)
- Black Woman Pretends to Be White, Job Offers Skyrocket (secretsofthefed.com)
- The Beat Bang Theory: How Corporate Hip-Hop Profits From Rape Culture (newsone.com)
- The Fate of the Black Woman (weareblackwomen.wordpress.com)
- 10 Things I Want To Say To A Black Woman by Joshua Bennett (minegralinda.wordpress.com)