In a word, “no.”
Let me explain.
According to Hamby’s tweet, Paul Ryan said in a 2005 Milwaukee Magazine article, “I have a sister-in-law who’s
While this statement is highly provocative and a true mind-bender to anal-retentive Republicans and may cause rampant confusion among many disoriented hydrocephalics out there in Fantasy Webland, it’s much akin, as one tweet respondent chimed in, to saying “oh yes, I’m not racist because one of my best friends is black.”
Of course you don’t actually have a legitimate
friendship with that black person or care about that black person’s family or well-being, but you see that person over lunch or have vapid, innocuous conversation at the water cooler at work with that person. So you’re “best friends.”
I’m not an alcoholic because I only drink Jack Daniels twice a day. Same thing.
We don’t know how long Paul Ryan dated his “black sweetheart,” and even if they were wild freaks engaging in full-tilt interracial boogie even going so far as actually -gasp- kiss or embrace, it doesn’t mean jack because Paul Ryan is, believe it or not, a politician who wants to get elected over all else.
If kissing every black woman in America would get him elected, I’m sure he’d have no problem puttin’ on the lip balm and smackin’ those lips.
By the same token, even if Paul Ryan loves black people, it’s naive to believe that he would favor black people if elected; just as Obama hasn’t done jack for black people either, and is….by all appearances….black himself.
Whether they love black people or hate ’em, they’re politicians and only color they care about ultimately is green and their best friends are the banking elite.
Dating or not dating a black woman won’t open any hearts or minds of the uber-elite, it will only be more pabulum for the masses to be confused by come election day…and that, friends, is why you ever heard about this distraction-foolishness in the first place.
- Did You Know: Republican VP Candidate Paul Ryan Used To Be Down With The Swirl… Does It Matter? (bossip.com)
- Republican platform draft endorses Todd Akin’s abortion stance. And Paul Ryan’s. And Mitt Romney’s. (dailykos.com)
- Rachel Maddow Wonders Why the Freak-Out Over Akin When Paul Ryan Supports the Same Policies? -VIDEO (towleroad.com)
- Paul Ryan Sullies Black History, Has Woman Problems (colorlines.com)
- TRENDING: GOP platform committee approves tough anti-abortion stance (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- What Paul Ryan Means for Black People (theroot.com)
- ‘Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan’ is an anagram for ‘My Ultimate Ayn Rand Porn’ (deathandtaxesmag.com)
- Paul Ryan to campaign in Roanoke area Wednesday (wsls.com)
- Reps. Todd Akin And Paul Ryan Co-Sponsored Bill Using Term “Forcible Rape” (alan.com)