From DisInfo.com and JuanCole.com, comes Mr. Cole’s brilliant list of the top ten differences in what we consumers are told about white terrorists and others.
I wont’ go into all of them here, but here are three directly from Mr. Cole’s website, verbatim:
“1. White terrorists are called “gunmen.” What does that even mean? A person with a gun? Wouldn’t that be, like, everyone in the US? Other terrorists are called, like, “terrorists.”
2. White terrorists are “troubled loners.” Other terrorists are always suspected of being part of a global plot, even when they are obviously troubled loners.
3. Doing a study on the danger of white terrorists at the Department of Homeland Security will get you sidelined by angry white Congressmen. Doing studies on other kinds of terrorists is a guaranteed promotion.”
Now, whatever you think, you can’t deny Mr. Cole’s intelligence and powers of perception. He has points, even if
you disagree with his overall world-view. But do you?
What do you think of his assessment?
Here’s a link to Mr. Cole’s complete piece:
- The Top Ten Differences Between White and Non-White Terrorists (alternet.org)
- Top Ten differences between White Terrorists and Others (juancole.com)
- A Salute to Juan Cole… (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
- White Terrorists Are Called “Gunmen” (slog.thestranger.com)
- I Really Hadn’t Thought About It (afeatheradrift.wordpress.com)
- The Consequences of “Domestic Terrorism” (my.firedoglake.com)
- U.S police forces being Israelized (windowintopalestine.blogspot.com)
- DHS Preparing Oklahoma City Type False Flag Before November Elections? (sgtreport.com)
- You’re Eight Times More Likely to be Killed by a Police Officer than a Terrorist (cato-at-liberty.org)
- Why white terrorists are different… (poodyheads.wordpress.com)