MediaPost Publications Multicultural Consumers Wield $1.3 Trillion Consumer Spending Power 04/08/2013
It’s old new to anyone who actually works in the real world for a living that society is in general multicultural, diverse, interracial, and ultimately better for it. What Big Business cares about is the holy grail of the almighty buck. And wherever the most people go, that’s where the most money will be concentrated. That’s why “The Bachelor,” ABC TVs most profitable franchise is deathly afraid to add color to the mix (and probably never will include diversity of any real depth), and why most media is still lilly white.
But advertisers and marketers looking for statistical outlyers or “fringe” areas not fully exploited, or growing look to multicultural consumers – meaning anyone who is not as white as the Joker looking character in the article photo.
The multicultural market is huge, and still new to most advertisers and marketing companies because white America is still the majority – but that’s slowly turning…
- ‘Multiculturalism’ is a racket (triblive.com)
- Consumer spending up in February: Americans earn more, spend more (voxxi.com)
- Multicultural Millennial Mindset: Transactional or Transformational (business2community.com)
- Améredia Wins AVA Digital Gold Award (prweb.com)
- Consumer spending declines, encourages Americans (lexingtonlaw.com)
- Consumer spending expected to remain slow in 2012 (lexingtonlaw.com)
- Multiculturalism: Keirsten’s View (ourdevsproject.wordpress.com)
- Evaluating Multicultural Books (allisonsbookbag.wordpress.com)
- Dirty Money: Consumers Spend Crumpled Bills Faster, Study Reveals (dailyfinance.com)
- Economists see better Q1 growth after consumer spending numbers (forexlive.com)