In this hour and three minute video program from the BBC, June Sarpong (currently working on Jesse Ventura’s “Conspiracy Theory” program) presents (as Devil’s Advocate, perhaps?) that multiculturalism and diversity are simply not needed in England.
It’s interesting (in a subtle way) that the producers of the program should select an African-American (in this case African-English) woman to present the case that diversity is a huge drag on their system and just is no longer needed.
Watch this and tell us what you think? Is there a strong basis of truth in this presentation and argument?
- BBC Diversity Report: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual People “Still Relatively Invisible” On UK TV; ‘Doctor Who,’ ‘Downton Abbey’ Praised (deadline.com)
- let’s stop calling it “multicultural” (mclicious.org)
- Multiculturalism is Britain (interactblogs.wordpress.com)
- Coming Soon to Target: Even More Multicultural Beauty (bellasugar.com)
- Multicultural Meeting Of The Minds: Bounce TV and Univision Ink Distribution Deal (madamenoire.com)
- BBC LGBT Study Praises “Doctor Who,” Calls For More Gay Presenters (queerty.com)
- The opposition between ‘Britishness’ and multiculturalism is more complex than it seems (blogs.lse.ac.uk)
- New Multicultural Center approved (statenews.com)
- Ukip are libertarian. They’re also conservative, pro-free trade, and anti-mass immigration – and they’re coherent (blogs.telegraph.co.uk)
- Missing (enwhiterabbit.wordpress.com)