Introduction to Internet TV
Introduction to Internet TV
You use the Internetand, of course, you watch television, but have you ever tried Internet television?
Most people are unaware of one of the more recent developments in interactive Internet use. This new technology brings all the benefits of the Internet and television together to create your own personalised viewing experience. In simple terms Internet television means that you can watch TV straight from your laptop or desktop PC.
Internet TV allows you to you maximize the use of your computer and your Internet connection. I expect you have probably thought that there must be more you could do with your personal computer or laptop. You know that typing the occasional letter, transferring your MP3 collection to your iPod or playing the odd game or two online is hardly making use of its full potential. Now you can explore a trusted method of entertainment with access to unlimited viewing and you don’t even have to stop your usual computer activities.
If you are someone who can’t get enough of watching programs on television, think about how Internet television will open up new options for free viewing. You can catch up with current news stories, watch real time sports action, keep up to date with stock market movements or enjoy a little light comedy. You are provided with a wide variety of entertainment possibilities that continues to grow, gaining in popularity every day.
At the time of writing, FIFA World Cup 2006 is just around the corner and, for many, Internet TV will provide access to free live football streams. Viewers will be able to keep up with the latest action from all the international football games involving teams including Brazil, Argentina, France, England and many more. Japan’s third largest TV broadcaster, Tokyo Broadcasting System, has recently announced plans to air World Cup programmes over the Internet and on mobile phones.
If you use the Internet for any kind of research (even if it’s only helping the kids with their homework), you no longer have to view what you find in the usual format of text and pictures. Now you can see this information through streams of live or pre-recorded video enabling you to see details that simply wouldn’t be visible in a series of pictures.
5 Features of Internet Television:
1. Stations are available internationally. Currently over 150 countries have Internet access so you can rest assured that your country has at least one Internet TV station you can watch.
2. No additional hardware is required. In the past, watching television on your computer would require the fitting of a PC TV card but this is no longer necessary. Improvements in the telecommunications industry have made broadband connections more widely available and cheaper than ever before allowing more and more people to view high quality streaming media on their computer.
3. Anyone with an Internet connection can watch. A minimum connection speed of 56K is recommended and watching at this speed should give you a reasonable picture. Higher connection speeds will improve the picture quality (dependant on the server capabilities) and the fastest connections can enable you to view programmes in DVD quality.
4. New channels are added all the time. Major players in the Internet industry have recently started showing significant interest in this rapidly expanding market. Google is developing Google TV and has signed up American channel UPN and is in talks with the BBC in the UK to provide content. AOL is launching IN2TV which will show thousands of hours of programmes from Warner Brothers across 6 different channels and Yahoo has plans to show Internet TV in Japan which could lead to a worldwide service if successful.
5. Personalize your experience. Normal televisions have fixed channels which depend on the local stations or the cable operators. Internet television gives you the opportunity to bookmark your favorite stations so you can get back to them quickly without having to flick through everything else available. There is usually the option of viewing in either full screen mode or in a smaller window enabling you to get on with other things on your computer while watching.
You too can enjoy all the benefits of Internet television. The world really is at your fingertips now you have discovered this new, hassle-free way of watching TV.
Rodney Garrett runs a website about Internet TVand maintains a regularly updated ebook that lists many of the channels you can watch free of charge. Visit www.free-tv-on-your-pc.co.uk for further information or to download your free copy of the ebook, go to www.free-tv-on-your-pc.co.uk/members/download.php.
Article Source: http://www.ArticleGeek.com – Free Website Content
- TV through Internet (pbsumpter.typepad.com)
- Netflix, Amazon Instant Video top ‘must-have’ apps for Internet-connected TV owners (digitaltrends.com)
- New AT&T Coupon Featured Today Offers 40% Off AT&T U-Verse Internet and TV Bundle (prweb.com)
- Know Your Apps: Picasa (samsung.com)
- Global Market for Internet TV to Reach $81.2 Billion by 2017, According to a New Report by Global Industry Analysts, Inc. (prweb.com)
- Know Your Apps: Pandora (samsung.com)
- Amazon moves engineering hub to east London (guardian.co.uk)
- TV should switch to internet, peers suggest (guardian.co.uk)
- New AT&T Coupon Featured Today Offers 40% Off AT&T U-Verse… (prweb.com)
- Internet TV and Video Guide, Watch LIVE TV ONLINE, Why should you do all the searching and testing? We did it for you! (mediahandlers.wordpress.com)