We don’t know from reading this article if the mystery woman in question who tortured her prisoners did so under duress and simply followed orders to keep her job. She obeyed orders in every turn. Which is what you’d think they would want. Ordering torture and then destroying videos of the tortures (which would sicken anyone who’d see them I’m sure) is doing what she was told to do.
I suspect there’s more to the refusal for the job than Feinstein just not liking her, but what do I know? I don’t see what they see, certainly. But it nonetheless is a statement that they’re still not ready for a woman to lead them, even if she is adept at torturing and destroying evidence.
- Woman Who Ran CIA Black Site Blocked From Running Clandestine Program (lezgetreal.com)
- Woman who ran black site bypassed as CIA top spy; officer who ran Milosevic operation picked (vancouverdesi.com)
- Book: Bush Kept in Dark on Black Sites (drudge.com)
- CIA officer tied to interrogations denied full post (triblive.com)
- Woman who ran black site bypassed for top spy job (newsobserver.com)
- $12 Million Pest Control (blogpestcontrol.com)
- Check out the new Inside BlackBerry mobile site! (blogs.blackberry.com)
- Shatner insisted on Uhura romance – Yahoo! News UK (interracetoday.com)
- Promoting a CIA official who ran an overseas ‘black site’ is an outrageous idea (newsobserver.com)
- It’s Not About Gender; It’s About Torture (boomantribune.com)