It’s a beautiful thing to see diversity, of course, and it’s even more encouraging to see the first black Ms. Israel.
Yityish Aynaw is actually of Ethiopian descent, but her story and victory is nonetheless (and some would say that her story is even all the more positive because of her journey) encouraging.
We won’t go into her story here, but it’s a news worthy story that the first black Ms. Israel has been announced. She is attractive, smart, and humble and deserving of the all the opportunity she gets.
- Yityish Aynaw: The first black Miss Israel (wyff4.com)
- Yityish Aynaw: The first black Miss Israel (wdsu.com)
- For Ethiopia-born Miss Israel, an emotional return (timesofisrael.com)
- An Epic Ethiopian Aliyah Story (jewishpress.com)
- ‘Racism’ or extinction (ynetnews.com)
- Letter to Golda: Black Israelites Would “Pollute” Israel (richardsilverstein.com)
- Ultra-Orthodox Jews Rally Against Israeli Army Draft Policies (observer.com)