I don’t drink, period. And I have my reasons, true believers.
While I won’t elaborate upon said reasons here and now, suffice it to say that I do know what it is to imbibe beer and other alcoholic “adult beverages” as they call them. And it’s no big loss.
But if you’re gonna get hammered, there’s no better way to do it, than by honoring the Nubian Queen.
Apparently the geniuses at Clown Shoes Beer (their name, not mine) came up with Brown Angel ale, and no it ain’t malt. But, if you’re gonna drink beer, it might as well be named for a sista and (look like, anyway) it features a black sista angel on the label.
According to the company’s website (here), the ale was “designed to have three distinct levels: a dark brown backbone with notes of chocolate and coffee….”
Now, for an ivory Jewish man with natty hair (and beard) who has never dated anything but the black woman, this is definitely a beer I can endorse…even though, of course, I don’t drink.
- Beer Review: Shark Attack Double Red from Port Brewing Company – Beer Sessions (thekitchn.com)
- Summer Beer Sipping: Magic Hat’s #9 (kcet.org)
- Thoughts on Beer Cans vs. Beer Bottles (bostinno.com)
- Where Booze Is Concerned, Americans Choose Beer Over Wine & Liquor (consumerist.com)
- Blending Lager with Witbier (klwatts.typepad.com)
- A Peach of a Beer (uncorkedunwrapped.wordpress.com)
- After check-in, a beer, perhaps? (economist.com)
- Best Local Breweries in Charlotte (apartmentguide.com)
- Review: Big Woods Pizza Co. (Nashville, Indiana) (strangedavid.wordpress.com)
- US poll: Pounding brews trumps sipping wine, pouring shots (redalertpolitics.com)