There have been several articles now about Mexico’s incredible concern over the welfare of a poor blond beggar girl, this when everyone knows Mexico is filled to over-capacity with brown-skinned beggar girls who are easily ignored.
Here’s a link to this article most recently:
Is the concern over the fact that this “sacred” blonde being should have to beg for food like everyone else? Is that she is blond and therefore superior and shouldn’t have to beg or that she’s just sticking out because of that hair color? Is Mexico racist and what does all this say about racism world-wide?
- The blond ‘Mexican beggar child’ story holds a mirror to US perceptions of race (guardian.co.uk)
- Blonde-Haired Child Beggar in Mexico Sparks a Not-So Polite Discussion About Racism (jezebel.com)
- Case of Blonde Girl Beggar Strikes Nerve in Mexico (abcnews.go.com)
- Case of blonde girl beggar strikes nerve in Mexico (miamiherald.com)
- Case of blond girl beggar strikes nerve in Mexico (newsday.com)
- The Curious Case of the Mexican Güerita Beggar (univisionnews.tumblr.com)
- Blonde girl’s photo sparks racism debate in Mexico (triblive.com)
- Case of blonde girl beggar strikes nerve in Mexico (goerie.com)
- Case of blonde girl beggar strikes nerve in Mexico (seattletimes.com)
- Case of blond girl beggar strikes nerve in Mexico (cnsnews.com)