Remember that Cheerios Ad with the Interracial Family? The one that got so many hostile comments that YouTube needed to disable the “comments” section of the website?
The same one that inspired Michael David Murphy and partner Alyson West to create an archive of interracial family portraits, available at http://wearethe15percent.com/?
Or this conversation, on “The View?”
Well, now there’s a new set of comments, collected from an (articulate!) group of children, aged 13 and under:
Perhaps these young people are the generation that will finally transform “the fifteen percent” into the “new normal.”
- Web World: Kids React to Controversial Cheerios Commercial (fox2now.com)
- From The Mouth Of Babes: Kids React To Racist Cheerios Commercial Comments (madamenoire.com)
- Interracial couple launches site ‘We Are the 15 percent’ in response to Cheerios ad backlash (thegrio.com)
- Why the cheerios ad was controversial? Kids have no clue (interracialdatingcentral.com)
- Cheerio’s ‘interracial ad’ star and her family weigh in on controversy [VIDEO] (thegrio.com)
- Kids Watch Interracial Cheerios Ad, Have No Idea Why It’s Controversial (gawker.com)
- Cheerios Commercial With Interracial Family Receives Racist (bet.com)
- Kids react to controversial biracial Cheerios ad (wcnc.com)
- WATCH: Kids React To Cheerios Ad In The Cutest Way Possible (huffingtonpost.com)
- ‘Angry over what?’ Kids react to mixed-race Cheerios ad in new video (today.com)