The American South, long known as one of the few last bastions for open and proud displays of racism, rears its misshapen head yet again. Although we have Atlanta being a very diverse city, apparently you still have areas of Georgia like this one, where anyone with a darker complexion is considered alien and undesirable.
We can only hope this “school” gets all the publicity possible around the world so that those holding the reins of power will take note and one day open their hearts and minds to the fact that not all people of value have pale skin.
But for now, looks like racism still rules the roost there.
- Georgia students organize school’s first integrated prom (metronews.ca)
- Ga.’s Wilcox County Students Fight Tradition of Segregated Proms (atlantablackstar.com)
- Interracial Sex Is Still Taboo In Porn – Business Insider (interracetoday.com)
- Georgia Students Want To Hold The First Integrated Prom In Their High School’s History (thinkprogress.org)
- Georgia students organize school’s first integrated prom (thestar.com)
- Fit Business Insider Announces End of Sale on Fitness Business Plan and Forms (prweb.com)
- Dancing Black Is White! (therealwithdarylanddevon.wordpress.com)
- Students plan Georgia high school’s first-ever integrated prom (thegrio.com)
- Ga. students fight tradition of segregated proms (cbsnews.com)