Watch this video. What do you think of this interview with Dick Gregory? As usual, Brother Gregory brings up some very valid points. Spike Lee complaining about the film “Django Unchained” being disrespectful, meanwhile he takes Malcolm X and puts him in a zoot suit and ends the movie with a documentary-style break from the narrative.
He makes “She’s Gota Have It” where the woman protagonist is a rabid stereotype and Spike Lee himself plays a cartoon character saying “please, baby, please baby, please” constantly. He brings up hypocrisy and that if you’re to discuss racism you can’t very well talk right and then walk left.
- Legendary Activist, Comedian Dick Gregory On ‘Django Unchained’: Spike Lee Is A Punk And A Thug [VIDEO] (newsone.com)
- ‘Django’ Stan Dick Gregory Says Flick ‘Freed’ Him – Calls Spike Lee a ‘Thug’ (Listen) (eurweb.com)
- Dick Gregory Unleashes on Spike Lee About ‘Django Unchained’ (atlantablackstar.com)
- Spike Lee called an ‘Uncle Tom,’ ‘thug’ for his criticism of ‘Django Unchained’ (thegrio.com)
- Luke Calls Spike Lee ‘Uncle Tom, House Negro’ for ‘Django’ Bashing (eurweb.com)
- Spike Lee: ‘Django Unchained Disrespectful to My Ancestors’ (atlantablackstar.com)
- Les Miserables, Django Unchained Break Christmas Records (bet.com)
- Luther ‘Uncle Luke’ Campbell: Spike Lee Is A Conniving and Scheming Uncle Tom (newsone.com)
- Civil Rights Activist Dick Gregory Defends ‘Django Unchained’ and Calls Spike Lee a Thug (clutchmagonline.com)
- ‘Django Unchained’: The fallacy of famous detractors’ uninformed criticism (thegrio.com)