Now let me be serious (although I may sound facetious) stating that as a formerly-nappy “nice Jewish boy” complete with a wild “jewfro” until my late twenties, I have always empathized with my Nubian Queens regarding hair.
Vaseline couldn’t make it lay down. Lye didn’t do jack to it, except burn the scalp. Black protein gel couldn’t straighten that barbed-wire nest out, and the thinner it eventually got (either from genetics, dying, gelling, or whatever), actually the better off I was. I couldn’t exactly get a weave put in (’cause I didn’t have anything to put tracks into), and couldn’t exactly go get a nice straight wig, either; but my heart is with you.
And that’s why I thought this video would be a nice addition to our collection here at InterraceToday.com.
What do y’all think of this?
- Natural Hair is Sexy and Beautiful (nikotheorb.wordpress.com)
- Check Out the (Very Good) Good Hair Trailer (bellasugar.com)
- Relaxed vs. Natural Hair vs. Weaves vs. Dreads (bellasugar.com)
- Definition: The Afro (bellasugar.com)
- 3 hair styles from SimplYounique (cool2bchrisp.wordpress.com)
- Herbatint Hair Dye (poutperfection.com)
- What Your Hair Color Says About Your Health (belmarrahealth.com)
- Jamaican Lifestyle: I am not my hair, or am I? (theislandjournal.wordpress.com)
- Barbed Wire Rapist (innerstandingisness.com)