I recently came across the following video on YouTube.
It made me feel sick to my stomach, and I could recall how Malcolm X had said long ago that the true war going on was in the minds of black people; how they had been led to believe that they could not run their own communities, run their own businesses, make their own incomes, or believe in themselves as being worthy.
The ultimate joke was that black people saw themselves as less than equal, doing the slave master’s job by themselves on their own. This is why, I’m sure Brother Malcolm would concur, some black women do not believe their natural hair is beautiful and must be “conked” or “permed” or bleached. This is why so many black men prefer white women, because they’ve been told the standard of beauty is the white woman and they are socialized to “achieve.”
I’m sure this video would make Brother Malcolm sick, as it would Cornell West. I don’t know if they’d agree with my feelings, but we would all agree that regardless of the cause, the effect is apparent and extremely disheartening to say the least.
What do you think of this video?
- “Only Decent People”: The Dutch Film About Black Women’s Asses That Looks Pretty Racist (thefrisky.com)
- Reasons Why Black Women Are More Religious Than Other Groups (eurweb.com)
- CDC: Nearly Half of All Black Women Have Genital Herpes (yourblackworld.com)
- Black Women Going Bankrupt at Alarming Rates (yourblackworld.com)
- Black Women Are The Fastest Growing Demographic Group Seeking Concealed Handgun Licenses (yourblackworld.com)
- New Miss Black USA ‘Ready’ for the Future (sacobserver.com)
- Writer Says Stop Advising Black Women to Date Outside of the Race (eurweb.com)
- Dr. Boyce & Nomalanga: Does CDC STD Data Seek to Make Black Women Look Bad? (yourblackworld.com)
- Weighing in on hair (newsobserver.com)
- Racist Framing: Michelle Obama in a Spanish Magazine (racismreview.com)
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.