Is “stop and frisk” stereotyping is like asking Malcolm X, at the height of the Civil Rights Movement, if he felt comfortable placing his directly in front of a bigot’s gunpoint. It’s ironic and clear paralogia to me that what never would have been acceptable in any way shape or form a mere lifetime ago (if that) is taken as daily business as usual y everyone in New York.
Statistics don’t matter. Outcomes don’t matter. We’re just going to stop and frisk every dark-skinned person we can because we want to. And you will accept it like a lost puppy following a milk-bone.
While it’s good that Latino and Black New Yorkes are “blasting” the NYPD for their rampant “stop and frisk” policy, that is blatantly nothing more than racist harassment my humble widdle opinion, it deeply saddens and surprises me that slowly, bit by bit, everything that was fought for during the Civil Rights Movement is beign chipped away – from segregation to the mere right to walk down a city street without being accosted by police.
Yes, we have Obama in the White House (which alone, being said aloud, says a true mouthful), but it’s a mere sleight of hand that achieves masterful proportions. As Cornel West and Tavis Smiley found out by being shunned or silenced for disapproving the President’s refusal to help working people. We have what appears to be a Black President, but more being done against Black and Brown people and minority groups than ever before.
Will the “blasting” impede the NYPD’s desire to “stop and frisk” anyone isn’t white? Let’s see.
- State Senator Testifies NYPD Commissioner Told Him Police Goal Was To “Instill Fear” In Minorities (disinfo.com)
- NYPD Commissioner: Stop and Frisk “Save Lives” (bet.com)
- NY State Senator: NYPD Chief Said ‘Stop And Frisk’ Was To ‘Instill Fear’ In Blacks, Latinos (newsone.com)
- NYPD Chief: Stop and Frisk Is ‘Lifesaving’ (theroot.com)
- NYPD Commissioner Accused of “Instilling Fear” in Blacks (bet.com)
- NYPD Officers Say Stop-and-Frisk Race Quotas Were Required (atlantablackstar.com)
- NY State Senator: Police Chief Said He Used Stop-and-Frisk to Instill Fear in Black Men (atlantablackstar.com)
- NYPD Officer’s Secret Taping Reveals Superior Ordered Him To Stop And Frisk Black Males Ages 14-21 (newsone.com)
- This Is Why It Sucks to Be Stopped and Frisked in New York City (colorlines.com)
- Today Marks the 5 Millionth ‘Stop-And-Frisk’ by NYPD Under Bloomberg, Says NYCLU (colorlines.com)